Saturday, October 19, 2013

Erotic / Romance Novelists

Through my journey from my college years to my almost 30's I have read many books in this genre.
I do appreciate a steamy love scene, an angry or shy lover who comes un done once provoked sexually. I wanted to share my thoughts on a few artists that I have read in this genre and perhaps open my reader(s) up to other things. If they're willing, of course. No non disclosure contracts here!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't read erotic / romance.... give it a try. You might find it much more entertaining then your average book.

E.L James, you know her, she wrote Fifty shades of Grey. I have few words, content is good in this book, she either did her homework properly or she is an active S&M'er and either suffices, obviously with its popularity and movie coming out. The editing was poor and should've been thoroughly scrubbed before published. 'nuf said. Also, she has only published this series. (insert thinking face), see: http://www.eljamesauthor.com/books/
Side note: I would eat, sleep and drink only red room if Christian Grey wanted me to.

Ella Fox, she writes about broken hearts. Her mainly popular series The Hart Series, Books 1-5 can be found on Amazon.com easily or on her fan page: http://authorellafox.com/. I got to the 4th book and gave up half way but made myself finish it. Although I appreciate her love scenes and sexual content, I found that each story plays out the same way. A proper review of these books will be written shortly on this website.
Side note: She has 2 other books which I have yet to read but will try them out and hopefully will re-write this review of her mad skills.

R. L. Mathewson, my prolific little love fest-er. I truly appreciate her mind because she brings it to the table in both content and characters. Example, the NFH series (Neighbor from hell) offers a family and their lovers, each book in that series offers a different dynamic and therefore makes it better then the Hart series (If I'm making a comparison here, which I'm not, technically. No hard feelings Ella!). Regardless, she offers different types of books in this genre, involving Ghosts, Vampires, Werewolves, Hollywood, EMT's... like I said, she's pretty prolific and I get excited whenever she releases a new book. So, R.L. please finish the Pyte/Sentinel series, I'm dying waiting.... dear god woman! You can enjoy her mind here: http://www.rlmathewson.com/. I highly recommend her and have to many friends which got them as addicted as I am (you're welcome).
Side note: she self publishes, which makes her easy access, pun intended. Go buy her books on Amazon.com or something! GO!

Kristen Proby, writes the "with me" series. Her series offers a family and their lovers as well. It reminds me of R.L.'s NFH series if I'm being honest. I do enjoy this series and highly suggest reading it in order. If you do not read this series in order you will be lost in her "with me" world. Kristen brings content of sex and love laced with Rock, Movie stars, Sports all-stars and some "I just had a kid, what next" love in there. I believe she owes us 2 or 3 more stories in the series, so hang tight if you get through the first 4 quickly. She can be fan girled here: http://www.authorkristenproby.blogspot.com
Side note: If I could pick one of her men to maul it would be the Rock Star. I want to lick the stars!

Sylvia Day, she rocks my socks. If you haven't heard of The Crossfire series go google it, right meow. Also prolific, Sylvia Day has much to offer in terms of content, love scenes and romance. Her novels range from Office romance to Vampires, Angels, Werewolves and a fifty shades like romance minus the S&M (the intense stuff). I can't possibly describe all that she offers without running out of space. I'm convinced she has the best sex life of all the people in the entire world. Rummage her bookshelf here: http://www.sylviaday.com/books/
Side note: This is where I put on my fan girl T-shirt that says "I <3 S.D.". I am also waiting around for her next Renegade Angels book like an addict who needs a fix. I NEED Elijah back in my life!


That's all I have for today.
More will come.
Don't sit here and wait but do come back now, ya hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment