Sunday, November 24, 2013

Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel) by C. C. Hunter

HELLO! This is my initial disclaimer that I am in no way a writer or professional blog poster, but I am however a avid reader and absolutely love getting lost in a good book or twenty! This is my first honest attempt to review a book that I loved and I can not wait to tell you all about it!

 Born at Midnight  by C. C. Hunter is a supernatural young adult fantasy about 17 year old Kylie Galen. Finding herself in the wrong place at the wrong time Kylie gets herself in trouble and sent off to a camp for "troubled kids" or so she thinks, but things at camp are not everything she thinks and she soon learns that this camp may just help her to realize just who she is and how important her time at this camp might be.

For Kylie, a girl who has never felt normal being sent to a camp for troubled teens did not make sense. She knew that she had never been in trouble a day in her life and couldn't wrap her head around why her mom would send her to this camp. All Kylie ever wanted was to be normal to have her "dreams" that constantly plague her go away and her stalker disappear. When she arrives she soon realizes that there might be more going on in this camp then she cares to know about but soon realizes that there might also be more to herself that no one ever cared to tell her about when she was growing up.

Of course there is no lack of excitement with the supernatural. not to mention the love triangle that Kylie soon finds herself in even gives me as the reader butterflies in my tummy!

I have always been a lover of supernatural books. Anything that will allow me to use my imagination and picture a world outside of our own (again another great reason I love books) This series has fit that bill to a tee! It includes Werewolves, Vampires, Fae, Witches, Ghost whispers and even a few Gods.

If you like the supernatural and a flirtation between a "Normal girl" and her two mysterious boys then this will defiantly be a good read for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment